Green App Machine

The Secret to Successful Marketing – Make People Care

This might be a short blog post but I hope it will have enough impact to make you care about email marketing.


I’m passionate about marketing (particularly email marketing) and as such find it very easy to market iContact’s email marketing service. I’ll let you into a secret, when you have a great product marketing is always easy.


Marketing is only difficult if your product sucks*


While some people might not consider email marketing as “sexy” as more recent (read: unproven) marketing technologies, this doesn’t put me off evangelizing about the medium.


Email marketing excites me because every day I meet marketers and entrepreneurs (just like you) using a relatively straightforward and easy-to-use technology and seeing real results. I should add, as an entrepreneur myself there is nothing more “sexy” than healthy profits. Because I care about profits, I care about email marketing and I it would take a lot for another marketing medium to turn my head.



Recommended for YouWebcast: Zero to Millions: The Secrets Behind Building a Business and Growing a Digital Audience



Hopefully this level of excitement, which I try to embed into blog posts like this, rubs off on you and makes you care a little bit more about my marketing passion.


Getting people to care about your business is easy if you follow these simple 5 steps:


  1. Have a Great Product: Great marketing always starts with a great product.

  2. Live and Breathe Your Work: If you don’t have an in-depth knowledge of the industry you serve, how will you ever add value.

  3. Know Your Customers: People buy from people they like, so get to know your customers and start making friends.

  4. Solve Problems: The best marketing (just like the best products) will always solve problems for your potential customers (steps #1, 2 and 3 are vital in this approach).

  5. Keep on Keeping On: Try not to lose momentum, even when things don’t go to plan. Learn from your mistakes, pick yourself up, and keep pushing.

*The definition of a product that sucks is (a) a product that does not solve a particular problem for its intended audience or (b) a product which offers poor value for money when compared to competitive products.


This post firs appeared on the iContact Email Marketing Blog.




The Secret to Successful Marketing – Make People Care

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen